Benefits of PowerApps Portals compared to Dynamics 365 Portals
- PowerApps Portals is the next level solution for Dynamics 365 Portals for building low-code, responsive websites accessible by external users of an organization.
- Generally, Dynamics 365 Portals require developers to use complex web templates and have a familiarity with Liquid. On the other hand, any user familiar with PowerApps can easily build customer-facing portals.
- PowerApps Portals have WYSIWYG editor, where users can drag and drop components such as images, iframes, text boxes, etc., onto a canvas and then connect these components with CDS entities such as Accounts, Contacts, Entities, etc., thereby offering simplified portal making experience. Whereas Dynamics 365 Portals involve elaborate steps for configuration, integration, validation and deployment.
- PowerApps Portals allow organizations to create websites which can be shared with users external to their organization either anonymously or through the login provider of their choice like LinkedIn, Microsoft Account, other commercial login providers. There is no concept of anonymous logins in Dynamics 365 portal.
- Internal Users with any of the below licenses can gain access to PowerApps Portals:
- PowerApps per app plan
- PowerApps per user plan
- Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise
- Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 Retail
- Dynamics 365 Talent
- Dynamics 365 Business Central apps
- External Anonymous Users should have “Per page view” licensing and External Authenticated Users should have “Per login” licensing to access PowerApps Portals.
- Organizations with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Enterprise Edition Plan will get access to one CRM Portal instance. For additional instances, Organizations must purchase add-on/month.
Considering these benefits, organizations have started migrating to PowerApps Portals from their existing Dynamics 365 Portals.
MTC’s portal experts can help you migrate from Dynamics 365 Portals to PowerApps Portal or simply help you get started with PowerApps Portals. Contact Now