- Before your logic apps can access data sources on-premises, you have to install and set up the on-premises data gateway (Refer this link to install on-premises data gateway)
The gateway acts as a bridge that provides quick data transfer and encryption between on-premises systems and your logic apps. The gateway relays data from on-premises sources on encrypted channels through the Azure Service Bus. All traffic originates as secure outbound traffic from the gateway agent.
2. Login to your Microsoft Azure Account.
3. From Home navigate to All resources. Click on + Add.
4. A new window appears. Then go to Integration and select Logic App.
5. You can create a new logic app.
- Give the name of your logic app
- Select the subscription and resource group
- Select the location (remember the location has to be the same to that selected during the installation of on premise data gateway
- Then click Create.
You can notice the status message showing as Deployment to resource group “D365Dev” is in progress.
6. Once done, the system pops a notification prompt. Click Go to resource.
7. You will be directed to Logic Apps Designer. Here you need to pick the trigger “When a HTTP request is received.”
8. You can write a code based on some parameters and save it to fetch the HTTP URL.
9. Click +New step and select the event Add an action. Then from the look up field search for File System.
10. Click on File System.
11. Go to create file.
- Enter the folder path
- Name of the file
- Content of the file
12. Click Save.
13. Add another action. This time it is Delete file. Enter the file and Save.
You can see the notification Save app logic completed.
Let’s check the functionality of Logic Apps on Opportunity entity from within D365. A web resource for file uploads have to be added to the opportunity form which will add a File Upload sub grid.
For our understanding, let’s select an opportunity named Tender.
14. Let’s go ahead and add some files to the File Upload sub grid.
After the files get uploaded successfully, you can cross check if the same files have been added locally on specified location.
You can notice that the file has been stored locally.
Aforementioned, this is just one of the many business scenarios that could be explored leveraging Microsoft Azure Logic App integration with Dynamics 365. For more information, reach out to us at email@example.com.