- When a record is created, updated, and deleted
- Changes can be tracked for the shared record
- Many (N: N) association or disassociation of records
- Changes for security roles
- Track if someone deletes the audit log
- Track Audit date and time for how long worked on specific client
Types of Auditing:
1.Organizational level Auditing:
Go to CRM > Settings. Select Administration > System settings.
A System settings window pops up where you need to select and open Auditing tab. Here, you can enable/disable the option of Start Auditing under Audit Settings section. Click on OK.
2.Specific Business Areas Auditing:
You can set the auditing on specific business areas in the same page.
- Common Entities: It is selected by default when you start auditing for the first time.
- Sales Entities: Based on your selection, auditing will start or stop for entities such as Lead, Opportunity, Quote, Order, and Invoice.
- Marketing Entities: Based on your selection, auditing will start or stop for Campaign entity.
- Customer Service Entities: Based on your, auditing will start or stop for entities such as Case, Contract, and Service.
This auditing is enabled for users with System Administrator or System Customizer security roles. Here, Auditing for entities allowed only if organization-level auditing is enabled.
Go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the system. Expand the Entities and select entity that need to be enable for auditing.
Click on save > Publish all customizations.
4.Auditing for fields:
Go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the system > expand Entities. Select specific entity > fields. Select and open the field for which you want to enable auditing. Then select Enable radio button.
Click Save and Publish all customizations.
You can also do the above Audit settings by navigating - Go to Settings > Auditing.
In this way, you can audit the changes at Organization level, Entity level, Field level and specific Business areas in CRM.
If you need any further assistance, feel free to write to us at email@example.com